Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Roccat Magma

 
 Roccat Magma

   

Good day, today I’ll going over my review of the Roccat Magma. The magma is the study high and the membrane gaming keyboard from Roccat Magma that come and equipped with the powerful Roccat companion app and sturdy materials while also having the quietness and for affordability of membrane keyboards. That keyboard is easily been the best functioning and looking membrane keyboard that I’ve ever used it does have a couple downsides that helps it to have in such a low price but there’s no questions that this keyboard definitely worth it. Especially for people who need a whisper quiet board. When unboxing the magma the first thing that stuck out to me was the huge semi-transparent top plates that creates its RGB signature look. It diffuses the light from underneath to create this nice smooth even looking lit plate even though underneath there are only actually 10 different led's and because the keys are also held up by the same semi-transparent material. They almost look like they’re just floating above the board when it’s plugged in because all you can see is the keycap overall the top plates gives the magma a really signature look that RGB enthusiasts are going to find ideal the board does feel sturdy out of the box comes with the non-detachable 1.8 meter usb cable and detachable wrist rest similar to the Roccat pyro the magmas wrist rest uses two pairs of prongs that click into the bottom of the board. It’s easy and satisfying to attach the rest and removing it just requires you to fold the wrist rest under the board and it pops back out. It’s not the greatest of the wrist rests and the entire thing is plastic and, I prefer a magnetic connection but for a 60 gaming keyboard it’s a nice inclusion looks a lot cleaner than just the board paired with a party palm rest. The one thing that is missing from the Roccat Magma is multimedia controls. I’m pretty sure this is the only Roccat keyboard without a control knob but the impact here will vary depending on the user. I for example generally forget that it’s even there, so fact that this is board doesn’t have one didn’t really make too much of a difference to me. Once you get the Roccat Magma plugged in you can set it up with the help of Roccat swarm the companion app that comes with the all Roccat peripherals here you can reassign keys change various basic settings and utilize the host of available lighting options the Magma is ammo enabled so you can sync up it’s lighting with your other Roccat peripherals, so they all following the same theme the overall lighting on the board is exceptional and unique especially for the price tag one issue that, I keep having is that the characters on the keys can be difficult to read. If you looking at them from an angle you can actually see the interior wall of the keycap which can make it appear black instead of lit up certainly not an issue for most keys for most users but often has me adjusting my position to look directly down at my function keys , so , I know what , I’m pressing? I really like lighting on the board otherwise there are tons of ways to customize it and the white even looks goods when it’s off the biggest thing that, I was nervous about the Roccat Magma was the membrane keyboards typically wear off faster than mechanical keyboards and Roccat doesn’t mention anywhere. What the expected key stroke life cycle is for these membrane keys like they normally do for the mechanical keyboards as, I said I received this keyboard about a month ago, so what, I did was, I took it to work with me to really put it to the test and for eight hours a day of answering emails and aggressive VBA coding for 30 days. The magma held up extremely well some dust and debris aside. The keys still felt great and the board still hasn’t shown any signs of wear at all. This was however only a month and I’m still curious how the board will feel a year from now but fortunately Roccat does provide a two year manufacturer warranty if the keys do fail, you can pick up a Roccat Magma on the Roccat online store for 60 bucks and it’s definitely worth at least that that much. It’s a well-made sturdy made whisper quiet membrane keyboard and is probably the best membrane keyboard gaming keyboard you can buy and its feel like Roccat made all the right cuts to make it affordable to most players that being said as some who loves the ultra-quietness of membrane keyboards. I’m still holding out hope that the Roccat please a Magma pro version that comes with some extra bells and whistles. I hope you enjoyed this review. That’s all from my side. Thanks!

Junaid Furqan

Connection Links: